a Taj MuttHall Dog Diary: Oh Bother, Said Pooh

Friday, July 23, 2010

Oh Bother, Said Pooh

SUMMARY: Or was that poo? (Can you say: Diarrhea? Can you even spell it without looking?)
This could be interesting--in hopefully not too bad an interesting way.

Something I ate, or inhaled, or was inserted into me by alien probes, started disagreeing with me late thursday evening (after I had written and preposted my last blog entry). I tossed and turned for hours, not feeling ill, just twitchy, like one might with too much caffeine (I'd had none). Finally rose at 3 a.m., in the mood for bread and water--made it more palatable by turning the bread into toast and water into mint herbal tea. Halfway through my snack, everything in my system abruptly decided to start coming out. Over and over and over for hours.

Got a couple of hours of sleep finally between about 7 and 9 a.m., and then it continued, and worse again after I tried a light breakfast.

I was supposed to join the Bay Teamers setting up the trial site at 2:00, but it wasn't until 4:00 that things had settled down enough to where I could safely be away from Critical Facilities for at least half an hour. Then boldly loaded the beasts into MUTT MVR and drove on down to San Martin, sipping water on the way. Everything was fine.

Surprisingly, I was still able to help set up, as apparently the site hadn't been ready at 2:00 as promised, so people stood around until 4:00 and were still setting up when I arrived. I helped, set up my stuff for tomorrow, let the Merle Girls out for a walk and visit, chatted with friends about tunnel repair, and everything was fine. Drove home again, finishing my 16-oz bottle of water; everything stayed fine.

So, around 6:30, starting to feel just a tad peckish, I had some toast and lemon herbal tea. Half an hour later, started in on a banana. None of which apparently pleased my innards; it's been back & forth to the loo ever since.

I know you wanted to know all that. But I say all that to point out that I've had about 2 hours of sleep, nothing to eat that's stayed in place for going on 24 hours, and I'm supposed to be doing agility all weekend.

I'm assuming it's something I ate and isn't contagious. But now my stuff is set up down there so I have to go. And I paid my entry fee and hate to lose it.

Well, maybe if I just don't eat anything all weekend. Assuming I can get some sleep tonight. About to go upstairs and find out.

Yep, should be interesting.


  1. This just sucks. Imodium is your friend. Take one every time you have to squirt. Box says up to 4 a day. My doc says up to 12 a day. Works well. Then you can start eating the BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, toast).

    Good luck with that!

  2. This sounds horrible! Hope you are feeling lots better by now (Sat)