SUMMARY: Titles and successes looming.
We're off to Turlock this weekend for our last USDAA trial for a month. (Oh, there are others going on, but I'm not going.)
Boost's flow around a course was SO lovely last night in class! I've suspected for a while that if I would just make the time and $ to go up to Power Paws and rent the field for an hour a couple of times a week (and also work on some specific smaller focus things), that we could get through this refusal/runout crud. And so far it seems to be having positive effects. One more field rental session in about an hour this morning, then tomorrow a.m. we're off to the VAST trial.
What COULD happen this weekend in terms of specific milestones:
- Boost's Pairs Relay Master title (one chance).
- Boost's MAD (needs that one Jumpers leg--one chance).
- Boost qualify in Steeplechase and then be able to compete in that at Nationals (one chance).
- Boost's Standard Master title (needs two--two chances).
- Tika earn three Qs of any kind and finish her Lifetime Achievement Award (LAA) Bronze. (10 chances.)
Of course, there are other things that could happen, too--Boost could continue to do weave poles well. Boost could actually have some smooth runs even if we have small bobbles or knocked bars. Tika could get all her contacts (I've worked on that a little but not a lot lately). Tika could keep her bars up (I've done a few bar-knocking drills this week; often just a little makes a difference). I could have a great time with great friends. W00t!