SUMMARY: More titles in Tika's amazing run of Qs. Boost had some good things.
Tika tried to be very consistent today:
- 3rd in Steeplechase round 2
- 3rd and Q in Jumpers
- 3rd and Q in Standard
- 3rd and Q in Grand Prix
- 4th, no Q, in gamblers (although she still had excellent opening points--a send that worked well with boost int he gamble didn't work with Tika, go figure)
- 4th and Q in Pairs Relay, last run of the weekend.
I didn't realize until I got home that that final Q in Relay did two things:
- Completed Tika's Performance Relay Champion Silver (25 Qs)
- Completed Tika's Lifetime Achievement Award Gold!! Woo hoo! 350 lifetime Qs in Masters, P3, and Tournaments.
Now I can think a little about LAA platinum, which very few dogs get--500 Qs. That's a lot of trials, a lot of Qing, and a lot of time during which Tika would need to stay sound and happy. I think that's pretty unlikely, though--the last 150 Qs took us a year and a half. What are the odds that Tika will still be hale & happy as she nears her 12th birthday, given her history? Time will tell--who knows!
Boost's weekend looked like this:
- Weaves: Never popped out early, missed entry only once.
- Contacts: Held them all in 2on/2off position even when I did weird things.
- Table down: Fast and stayed down (2 tables for the weekend).
- Start line stay: Solid until, once again, last run of the weekend, pairs, when she left early & the complexities cost us a Q.
She did, however, paint the tip of her tail blue and purple; quite a few dogs have been sporting colors at our trials lately.