SUMMARY: To start the year running, I've got good news and bad news. And more good news. Etc.
Gratuitous dog photo: Dogs love riding in the car around the neighborhood when they don't have to be in crates.
- Good news: My house appraised for much more than I thought it might in this market.
- Bad news: That means my property taxes will keep going up, not down like so many other people's.
- Good news: That might mean that it's a shoo-in for my refi application to go through. Just waiting to hear when closing should be--I think--
- Good news: Paid off the last 73 cents on MUTT MVR last week!
- Bad news: It's wayyyy overdue for its xxx,000 mile check-up.
- Good news: Passed its smog check again.
- Good news: Tika has been running around like a lunatic without her bootie and no signs of a sore foot. Ran her two runs (jumpers courses with weaves) and she was fine. Haven't tried contacts again yet.
- Bad news: She continues to look, every once in a while, like she's sore for a few minutes or more.
- Good news: It goes away again. But I wish I knew--our next trial is in just under 2 weeks, and she's signed up for a day of agility.
- Good news: Boost loves doing agility.
- Bad news: In class last week, after we've done virtually no agility for 3 weeks, she popped out of the weaves EVERY time at the 10th pole as I moved away from her. Instructor said, well, I had to support in in N following ways, and I was maybe rude and said, no, I don't have to, this is why we practice weave distractions down to the bone at home until I can't get her to pop for any reason.
- Good news: When I finally just picked her up, carried her off the field, and put her away until the next run--then the next time, she did the weaves all the way through.
- Bad news: Shattered tooth down into the root. Happy New Year! The dental surgeon I had to go to to get it excavated said I didn't *quite* win the prize for the most pieces of tooth to be dug out.
- Good news: Didn't hurt before, hurt afterward more than I had hoped but less than I had feared, and only for that first evening, and it's been fine ever since.
- Bad news: I dread finding out how much an implant is going to cost. No dental insurance.
- Good news: Doctor says, Those things? They're harmless. They're called ruby spots (cherry angiomas).
- Bad news: Yeah, you'll probably keep getting more. Yeah, they can get bigger.
- Good news: Can burn them off with liquid nitrogen. [Like warts, I guess.]
- Bad news: THAT's not a fun procedure. And it can scar. Either way, I'm going to end up looking like a giant polkadot by the time I'm 100.
- Good news: Remind myself: they're harmless.
Tika sees another dog while on leash: