SUMMARY: Contacts and weaves: How fast is excellent?
I have notes from Rachel Sander's class in Sept 2003 that says that the top-performing dogs have times in these ranges:
- Dogwalk: 2.2 to 2.5 seconds
- A-frame: 1.5 to 1.75
- Teeter: 1.0
- Weaves: 2.1 to 2.3
I just videotaped Tika and Boost in the yard and timed them while watching the video. I didn't factor in the time while the dog is stopped in a 2 on/2 off position.
- Tika dogwalk: 2.5 to 3.15 seconds. (I know that she used to cover the first 2/3 in about a second and then sloooowwww down on the downramp. I didn't time it by parts today. And she's almost always faster in competition than at home or in training.)
- Boost dogwalk: 1.94 to 2.03.
- Tika weaves: 3.01 to 3.45. (Again, in the past, I have timed her competition weaves at under 3 seconds consistently. But never near 2 seconds.)
- Boost weaves: 2.39 to 2.5.