SUMMARY: USDAA trial in Turlock, will be hot.I'm hoping that "will be hot" applies to our skills as agility competitors in addition to this 90-100-degree heat.
Have I been practicing ANYthing useful? No. Vowed I'd do bar-knocking drills with both dogs. But have I? No. Ran Tika at 24" and 26" in class this week and she looked great. No dang excuse for not getting that last Championship Jumpers Q when we have TWO chances!
And Boost is running very nicely, too, but the bars are starting to come down again. Must. Do. Drills. We just want that one Jumpers leg needed for our MAD! Sheesh! She's got twelve--count 'em, TWELVE Masters Standard legs! How come she can't get one *@&% Grand Prix? Or one Jumpers?
She's got four--yes, four--Masters Gamblers legs. How come not. a. single. Super-Q?!
OK, here's the status:
Tika in Performance 3:
- Standard: 1 (!) Can't get Standard legs, either, apparently, but CAN get a zillion Steeplechase & Grand Prix legs! Go figure.
- Gamblers: 4. One more for p3 gamb title.
- Snooker: 3 superQs and 1 regular Q. One more Q any kind for p3 Snooker title.
- Pairs: 5. So has that p3 title.
- Jumpers: Can't get any Qs until we finish that dang 25th Ch Q!
- Grand Prix (pf): 5 (2009 season)
- Steeplechase(pf): 4 (2009 season)
- Team (pf): 2 (2009 season) so she has her p3 Tournament Master title.
- Standard: 8. Needs 2 for her Standard Champion title.
- Gamblers: 4. Needs 1 for her Master Gamblers.
- SNooker: 4 regular Qs. Only! Sheesh! This has got to be the easiest class in the world to get plain boring Qs in, and we cant' even do that. Need 3 SuperQs for her master snooker title.
- Pairs: 12! OK, folks, see, time plus faults scoring AND only half a course. We can do this!
- Jumpers: NONE NO EFFING JUMPERS QS. Ahem. Sorry for the yelling.
- Grand Prix: 3 (none in 2009).
- Steeplechase: 3 (one in 2009).
- Team: 2 (one in 2009). So she needs 2 of any tournament for her Tournament Master title.
- We're now in the New Year for 2010 Nationals Qualifying in the 3 Tournaments. This weekend, both merle girls have a chance at Grand Prix and Steeplechase.
- Two Jumpers
- Two Standard
- Two Gamblers
Oh, and then there's the Lifetime Achievement Awards status, thanks for asking! The Silver lifetime award is 250 Qs. Tika is at 217. I'm thinkin' we'll make Silver easily within the next year. But gold at 350? Hm. Not sure on that one. That's a lotta legs.
OK, gotta finish packing and doing those bar-knocking drills.