SUMMARY: Four USDAA trials in the next 5 weeks.
Starting this weekend, then next weekend, then a break, then two more weekends. Whew! Busy!
I might go to only three of the four, which include Boost's last 3 chances to earn her last Steeplechase Qualifier for Nationals, and her one last chance to earn her DAM Qualifier.
I am starting to waffle about Nationals. I do have fun when I go. It's just--well--all this. OK, I'm thinking about it again with a little prodding from friends. Arrrghhhh, tough choices! Why can't everything in life be easy?
Boost is still knocking bars, still refusing jumps that I think are obvious. Instructor has lots of good suggestions on things to work on, and I do some of them, but sometimes I just can't get it right even when I think I am! Takes someone else to watch me and tell me again where I'm going astray.
So--what we could accomplish in these next few weeks:
- Boost qualify in Steeplechase for Nationals
- Boost qualify in DAM for Nationals
- Boost earn her MAD (just one Standard--out of at least 4 chances! And one Jumpers--out of at least 3 chances! Just that's all!) (Just because she's missed 13 out of 13 jumpers so far, and 12 out of the last 12 standards...how did we ever get 2 standards out of her first 4 in masters?! Seems like someone else's life in some other universe.)
- Boost earn her Relay Master (two Qs out of 3 chances)
- Tika earn her Bronze Lifetime Achievement Award--10 Qs of ANY kind out of at least 27 chances
But, all that aside, here's a bonus puppy picture: Boost's mom with her new litter of full siblings. (Not my photo.) More agility blue merles, coming right up!