SUMMARY: What I did during my spring vacation. Plus this coming weekend.
It's been nice, having 3 weekends in a row off from agility--but I used them up so quickly! Some of the things I did:
- Went to the Berryessa Art and Wine event, looked at the vendors' wares, snacked on strawberry shortcake and many other tasty treats.
- Picked up trash for 3 hours as part of the Great American Cleanup.
- Saw Spidey 3.
- Saw Shrek the 3rd.
- Did a lot of hedge trimming and flower planting in my yard. (Still lots to do, but it's a start.)
- Went to a celebration for a tech writer friend's big award. Talked to one of the other guests about dogs.
- Had my whole family over for a Mother's Day BBQ.
- Omigosh my hot flashes are back. Dang.
This weekend, starting Friday evening, it'll be USDAAA in Turlock. Nationals Qualifying events, all 3: Steeplechase, Grand Prix, and Team. I just noticed that I apparently decided not to bother entering Tika in Grand Prix, since we already have a bunch of Qs and we don't seem to be on target to actually WINNING one because we always have 5 faults. Usually that doesn't stop me from TRYING to win one.
Tika needs one Steeplechase Q to be completely qualified for Nationals in Scottsdale in November. However, one more Team Q will be her Silver Tournament title.
Boost needs everything (two GPs, two Steeplechases, and one Team consisting of cumulative scores for 3 dogs over 5 events, bleah).
Boost also needs one Gamblers to move up to Masters in Gamblers. Or one standard plus one pairs relay to move up to Masters in *everything*, and now THAT's scary.
The weather is shaping up to be nicely mild for the Central Valley, maybe only low 80s. I'll be heading out around 2:00 this afternoon in the hopes of missing outbound weekend traffic and getting there in plenty of time to setup before check-in, briefings, and walkthroughs starting at 5/5:30.