SUMMARY: Odd dog behavior patterns.
Today's "fun" dog behavioral pattern:
Zorro attacks Chip (so I have a fight on my hands) when:
- Zorro naps behind my office chair and I roll backwards and hit him
- I tell Chip in an annoyed or angry mother voice not to do something
- I tell Zorro in an annoyed or angry mother voice not to do something
- The dogs are excited (e.g., visitor) and I try to grab Zorro's collar to keep him from jumping on the visitor or attacking Chip
- We're out for a walk and Chip starts to bark enthusiastically at another dog
- I'm dozing off at night and both dogs are in their separate beds at opposite ends of my king-sized bed--I never see what precipitates this one, except that when I snap on my light, it's always at Chip's bed, nowhere near Zorro's bed (and Zorro's bed is closer to me than Chip's, usually). This is the biggest reason why, for the first time in my life (other than with new dogs), the dogs are now usually sleeping in their crates at night.
Zorro does NOT attack Chip (thank goodness; I don't need more stupid fights) when:
- Chip, who is astonishingly picky about his personal space at times, leaps up and snaps at Zorro because Zorro was, I don't know, scratching and wiggled the bed, or, whatever, maybe Zorro looked at him?