SUMMARY: Not what I had hoped for, but there are signs of hope.
What I hoped for on friday and what I actually got:
- Hoped for: Steeplechase Q. Got: No Steeplechase Q. (Knocked 2 bars.)
- Hoped for: Grand Prix win. Got: 5-fault Q. (This extends our lifetime GP Qs to two clean Qs and 17 5-point Qs. Arrrrghhh!)
- Hoped for: Wins or at least placements in everything else. Got: Q/5th place in Saturday Standard (for 1 whole top-10 point); 2nd place and Super-Q in Snooker Sunday (for 7 top-ten points); I'm quite pleased with the latter. (And 4 non-Qs and 2 other nonplacing Qs.)
- Hoped for: Grand Prix Q or Steeplechase Q or preferably both. Got: Neither.
- Hoped for: Pairs Q and Standard Q. Got: Neither.
- Hoped for: Good weave poles. Got: Mixed bag. She missed almost all--but not all--of her weave entrances, but, once in, popped out only 3 times, and I made it a point to do weaves in gambles & snookers for lots of opportunities. So--not as bad as some prior trials. But *weaves alone* kept us from a Steeplechase Q, and *weaves alone* kept us from a Standard Q on Saturday. Sigh.
- Hoped for: Move up to Masters before Bay Team next weekend. Got: Enough Gamblers and Snookers Qs that we can--and will--move up to Masters in those.
Now I am exhausted and heading to bed.