SUMMARY: Comparing and contrasting. In a general sort of way.
I seem to spent a lot of mental energy--not at the forefront of my mind, but right behind it--comparing my various dogs and their behaviors before or after this that or the other thing.
Greeting me at the door:
- Tika, excited shrieking at the garage door
- Boost, barking and wagging like crazy at the garage door
- Chip, happy and wagging but no noise at the garage door as far as I can tell
- Chip after the other two are gone, wagging gently at the garage door
- Chip after Luke arrived and is kept in his crate, standing at the top of the stairs near Luke's crate and watching me come in from the garage.
Stuff like that.
I sat on the glider in my yard briefly today. Poor thing, the wood is wearing out and probably should be replaced, but I'm not likely to do it. I used to sit on it all the time back at the previous house with a nice view of my garden and things going by in the street.
But today, while I sat on the glider, he came on up next to me, one careful foot and one careful rebalance at a time. Stood there, legs shaking to try to stay balanced, then leaped off again. For a moment I had a flashback!