SUMMARY: Three-day CPE weekend summary.Some fun numbers from this weekend:
- Total runs: 30 (15 each dog)
- Boost Qs: 11
- Tika Qs: 13
- Boost 1st places (out of 6 to 19 dogs depending on class): 4
- Tika 1st places (out of 15 to 21 dogs): 3
- Boost 2nd places: 4 -- came in 2nd to: Tika, Lexi, Tika, Lexi
- Tika 2nd places: 6 -- came in 2nd to: Rocket, Boost, Missile, Tyler, Tyler, Rocket
- Boost 3rd places: 2
- Tika 3rd places: 1
- Boost Qs earned towards the 16 she still needed for her C-ATCH: 7 (out of a possible 9)
- Tika Q points earned towards the 965 she still needed for her C-ATE: 280 (out of a possible 325)
- Titles earned: Tika ExFH and ExJP.
- Raffle prizes won: 2. (Bag of Ghirardelli peppermint bark (I love peppermint bark!), big box of dog biscuits.) That's with 4 raffle tickets earned Saturday and 6 earned Sunday. Deal!
I've updated The Campaign table showing our progress towards our one-year goals.
Bragging rights numbers--among the fastest or highest-scoring of all dogs who ran a course:
- Full House Friday: Out of about 140 dogs, 10th highest points: Tika (44). 11th highest points: Boost (43). (7 of the 10 dogs with more points were small dogs with 5 more seconds.)
- Wildcard Friday: Fastest of about 100 3/4/5/C dogs: Boost (16.78 seconds). (Only 4 other dogs were between 17 and 18 seconds.) Too bad she knocked a bar.
- Standard Friday: Out of about 85 4/5/C dogs: Boost 4th fastest (37.79), Tika 5th fastest (38.59).
- Jumpers Saturday: Out of 21 dogs in her class, Tika 2nd fastest. And that's with 3 or 4 extra yards after she took a wrong jump.
- Jackpot (Gamblers) Saturday--nontraditional: Out of 167 dogs, Highest points: Boost (88). 2nd highest: Tika (85--because I didn't think about doing those extra 3 points until after I ran her). (The next 3 highest dogs had 76, 74, and 73 pts; no one else 70 or higher.)
- Full House Saturday: Out of 140 dogs, 3rd highest points: Tika (52). (Higher points: one BC with 54 and one small dog with 5 more seconds 53. Only 6 dogs scored 50 or more.)
- Standard Saturday: Out of 107 4/5/C dogs, 5th fastest: Boost (38.65). 6th fastest: Tika (38.98).
- Jackpot (Gamblers) Sunday: A friend and I strategized on the sidelines to come up with a high-scoring plan. Results--out of about 80 4/5/6 dogs, his dog was highest (67), Tika 2nd (66), Boost 3rd (65, tied with one other dog--dang, if she hadn't turned the wrong way after that one jump, we'd have had 3 more points).
- Wildcard Sunday: Out of 115 3/4/5/C dogs, 2nd fastest: Boost (18.16 secs). (Only 4 dogs broke 19 seconds.) 10th fastest: Tika (20.00).